The technology required to allow us to work from home has been around for a long time but for the most part this wasn’t standard practice for many people\businesses but will that still be the case post lockdown?
Having to work from home presents some new challenges but it also clearly demonstrates how easy it is to access business services and systems from anywhere.
Some things to think about both now and going forward:
- What about those home devices that are now connecting to the office VPN?
- Health and Safety
- You don’t realise how bad a seat can be for you until you spend all day on a kitchen seat
- What about DSE it is just as important for you to have a comfortable and safe work environment at home as it is in the office
- Headsets to avoid neck strains
- We already know that two monitors increase productivity in the office, its no different at home
- Professional image with video or audio calling
- Disruptions with kids, pets etc.